Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

227/365

This is my parents house in California.



I love this house. I spent the most important years of my life in the house. Middle school through high school. So many memories fill the rooms. Tears, laughter, shouting matches, movie marathons, game nights, sleep overs, fights, cats, so many different things.

I had my first boyfriend in this house.

I invited my best friends from church over for an all day Lord of the Rings marathon.

I had girls nights with my three best girl friends from high school here.

My dad and I got into horrible fights that resulted in me barricading myself in my closet sobbing.

Playing Wii with my parents into the late hours of the night.

Birthday parties of all sorts.

Cooking in our kitchen which looks large but isn't made for more than one person at a time.

It's weird but I don't call this place home, really.

It's my parents house now.

I have officially made Washington my home. I will be finding a new apartment in a short time during student teaching. Hopefully I will make it my home for the next portion of my life. Perhaps I will marry and start my family there.

But I don't know any of that now.

For now I will be content to live in The Muffin Top (the name Harmony and I gave our house)and be close to campus and my friends. Who knows what the future may bring.


Kelsey Page
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Matthew 6: 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...