Saturday, January 7, 2012

Realizations

Today I finally caught up on all How I Met Your Mother episodes. It's so funny and heartwarming. If you don't watch it, you really should. It's so great. Seasons one through six are on Netflix and I caught up on season seven through various other means. Now I can watch it in real time. 

Anyway. After being a huge fan of Friends for so many years and now being a huge fan of HIMYM, it made me realize that part of the reason that these shows appeal to me so much is that I want to live in a situation like all of these wonderful people. I want to live in New York City (the greatest city in the world, what up!) with my best friends and make new friends and have all of these hilarious experiences and at the same time really find myself and have meaningful experiences too. I want that.

And I know it may be an unrealistic expectation blah blah blah, but it's something that I could do. It wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to do so. I'll have nothing to lose after graduation. I'm supposed to go out and teach for a few years anyway. I could move to New York with a couple of my friends and we could try and find teaching jobs in the New York area. It's a big place with lots of opportunities. 

Just something I've been thinking about. Hah.

So all of this lead to me creating the following picture. I also posted it on my Tumblr account. And I'm quite happy with it actually.




Told you I'd still be around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kelsey Page
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Matthew 6: 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...