Friday, July 15, 2011

Mischief Managed.

194/365

It's the end.

It's over.

Other than a website, there is nothing more to look forward to.

I have spent most of my life loving Harry Potter. I was so disappointed when the first book came out because I was probably 12 or 13. And I hadn't gotten a letter from Hogwarts.

I read the books. I cried in many of the books. I sobbed at the end of Order of the Phoenix. I swore up and down that Dumbledore wasn't dead at the end of Half-Blood Prince. I cried when Hedwig died. I cried when Dobby died. I cried when the Weasley family was huddled around Fred's body. I cried when Rowling killed Lupin and Tonks. I cried when Lily, James, Sirius and Lupin walked with Harry to the end. I cried after I finished the book. Just because it was over.

My generation grew up with Harry. We all wanted to know how it would all end. Many thought that Harry would indeed die. And he did. But he did it on his own terms. And in the end, it saved him.

Tonight I dressed up as Madam Rosmerta, the barkeep of The Three Broomsticks. My wand found me. I went to the midnight premier. I cried at all of the same parts I cried at. I cheered when Ron and Hermione finally kissed. I cheered when Molly called Bellatrix a bitch and killed her. I cheered when Neville took up the sword of Gryffindor and chopped Nagini's head off. I geeked out when I saw James Sirius and Albus Severus get on the Hogwarts Express. I thought that Hermione and Ron's family was perfect, down to Ron's potbelly. I stood up when the credits rolled and said "Mischief Managed!"

I celebrated the end of an era tonight. And it was worth every penny. Worth every tear.

Now I can't help but think of my children. Whenever I have them. I hope that they love Harry as much as I do. Because I will always love Harry. And on their eleventh birthdays, my children will get a letter telling them of a magical world. On their eleventh birthdays, my children will receive a book entitled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. And from every birthday there on out, they will receive the next book. Until they turn seventeen and become of Wizarding Age. Then and only then, will they know how it all ends.

Just like I now know how it all ends.

Except it really isn't over.

Not really.

Not as long as there are those who believe.


Madam Rosmerta

Kelsey Page
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Matthew 6: 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...