Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Book I'm Enjoying

304/365

This is the book that I've been really enjoying lately.


I bought it sometime last year and I read it in a couple days. It's that good. I love reading and I love a good book but it isn't very often that a book will suck me in and I can just get through it all in about one or two days.

It's really well written and honestly it's kind of hard to explain. The author is really attached to Jane Eyre and books of that sort, so it's kind of that story.

The narrator of the book, Margaret Lea, is a young biographer. She works in her fathers bookshop. One day she gets a letter from a woman named Vida Winter, who is a big time author. Miss Winter is known for telling people who interview her different stories about her past and where she came from. But because she is getting old and is quite ill, she finally wants to tell the truth and she picks Margaret. So Margaret gets to hear Miss Winter's true story, "...featuring the beautiful and willful Isabelle, the feral twins Adeline and Emmeline, a ghost, a governess, a topiary garden, and a devastating fire." (From the back cover of the book.) It's really quite interesting and I do recommend it full heartedly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kelsey Page
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Matthew 6: 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...