Saturday, September 10, 2011

More Aristotle

251/365 I spent most of my day today working on homework. Which meant more Aristotle.
But I got it all done today and I actually understood a lot of it! It made me happy. Here are a couple of quotes I found interesting today. "The same is true for [those who find enjoyment in] hearing; no one is ever called intemperate for excessive enjoyment of songs or playacting, or temperate for the right enjoyment of them." - Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics Or in this case amusing. ‎" In sources of pleasure in amusements let us call the intermediate person witty, and the condition wit; the excess buffoonery and the person who has it a buffoon; and the deficient person a sort of boor and the state boorishness." - Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kelsey Page Did I Go To The Gym Today?: Nope. Monday “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Matthew 6: 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...