Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Roxie

262/365

So earlier today Harmony and I decided to play Two Truths and A Lie. We both had the same ones. Here's the list.

1. I sweat like a pig.
2. I rescued a dog.
3. I did my homework.

One of these (at that point of the day) was a complete and utter lie.

If you guessed number three, you are absolutely correct. 

So on my way to class this morning, I was passing in front of my old dorm and there was a little Boston Terrier running around. I thought that it might have been our neighbor's dog Eddie. But I didn't have time to run him home because I had to go to class, so I just moved on, hoping that he would find his way home.

While I'm in class my pocket is vibrating non-stop. People are calling me, texting me, leaving voice mails. Non stop vibrations coming from my pocket. I get out of class and I see that this little dog has been taken into custody at my old dorm and that my friends from there want to know if it's my dog or what. So I call Jen back and say that I can come get the dog and take him home.

She informs me that the chick who brought the dog in came back and took the little guy on a walk.

That makes me mad.

If it's not your dog, don't take it on a walk. Especially if there is someone present who may know this dog and know where he goes.

So long story short, Harmony gets dragged into the picture and we discover that this little doggy is not our neighbor's dog, but that we are willing to take this little girl in (We were informed that it was a girl.) because animals are not allowed in the dorms.

So we get this little girl home, give her a bath, give her some food and water and decide to take her to the vet after our classes were over to get her scanned for a micro chip. 

We named her Roxie.


So cute.

So I'm getting ready to go to choir and I took Roxie out for a potty break before she gets stuck in the bathroom for a couple hours. While she's wandering around looking for a place to do her business, one of my co-workers from campus safety comes up and asks if she's my dog. I tell her no and she says that some one came up to her while she was working and asked if they had seen a Boston Terrier wandering around. She got their address, spotted me with Roxie and very graciously took her off my hands and took her back home.

So the story ended well, and our new little friend got home safe and sound.

The end.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kelsey Page
Did I Go To The Gym Today?: No but I walked all over campus at a pretty quick pace. And I sweat a lot.
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Matthew 6: 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...